Robert W. Baird & Co.

www.rwbaird.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Robert W. Baird & Co.

Headed for tough times

Former Employee - Equity Research Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Equity Research Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Robert W. Baird & Co. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice people, decent starting salary

Cons

Poor office environment, "flat" organizational structure is non-existent

79 Other Employee Reviews for Robert W. Baird & Co. (View Most Recent)

You better get in good with the right people then keep quiet

Former Employee - Equity Sales in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Equity Sales in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Robert W. Baird & Co. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Big city opportunities in Milwaukee, privately held - which keeps daily market fluctuations from being a distraction but demands you put all your trust in upper management, located on the lake

Cons

Good old boy network, locker room environment, many department leaders have questionable ethics, management is willing to throw employees under the bus to save themselves, enable a finger pointing environment, suppress feedback, overlook indiscretions of connected employees, captive Board of Directors

Your people are worth more than your personal stock accumulation

Not as great as they made it sound!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Robert W. Baird & Co.

Pros

Efficient work place, relatively low dysfunction and great benefits

Cons

Sadly quite a lot. I worked with all women (HR) & am a women who at the time was finishing a MBA, was 25 and got noticed a lot by upper management. I'm down to earth & have a silly sense of humor so I usually get along with everyone I work with but at Baired, I felt like I was repeating middle school. There was sadly constant gossip and backstabbing in my department. I was really surprised by this behavior as the company was listed as one the top 100 places to work in the US.

My last job was as an International Corporate Trainer for IBM. I never ran into this situation at IBM; which by the way a great place to work. Robert W. Baired however has asked me to return again as a consultant and had a great offer financially speaking but money isn't everything. The hiring manager didn't remember me, or how she treated me! haha :) so it felt really good saying no.

If you really want to work there just beware. My advice would be to document everything to "cover your butt :)" tell the ombudsman everything even if you think its not important because the women who work in HR are doing just that, so be careful! If you need an example a co-worker of mine literally was "spoken" to for looking at someone the wrong way. Now that I'm not there, its kind of laughable!

There are newer employer reviews for Robert W. Baird & Co.