There are newer employer reviews for Robert Walters

Great training ground and support

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides intensive training in all aspects of recruitment - from candidate and client management right down to writing job ads and database management. I have learnt so much here and the support systems have been equally impressive - from IT to Marketing to team support. Best part of this company would be its strong brand - it has helped open a lot of doors and opprtunities for me.

Cons

There is a constant expectation to perform and achieve targets - which I guess is part of sales. The company can also do better in terms of staff benefits, which may not be as competitive as some of the MNCs I have worked in before.

Advice to Management

Focus on staff retention and consider improving staff benefits - beyond just sales incentives and the typical remuneration. The company is already a leader in the recruitment space and would definitely benefit by being innovative in designing unique reward systems and lead the industry with a highly competitive package - setting high standards for others to follow like what Google and LinkedIn have done.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great opportunities to be recognized for your strengths and interest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management is willing to let me delve further in my areas of interest because I repeatedly come up with ideas for something that naturally excites me. Colleagues may come across cool and reserved at first but they do open up after awhile and are genuinely kind people. The downtown Shanghai office is a huge perk - it's sleek with a view of the city from the 36th floor.

Cons

It takes awhile for the company to get comfortable with new staff's abilities and potential because we come from various work backgrounds, so turnover of new people may be quite high. But as soon as they are comfortable that you have the DNA they look for, it opens up plenty of opportunities, and these people end up staying a good while.

Advice to Management

It wouldn't hurt to revisit existing incentive structures so that it better reflects the company's great values.

2. Working as Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Professional, Cool. learn a lot

Cons

stress, pressure, you know when you set target high, its tiered