Roberts Marketing Group

There are newer employer reviews for Roberts Marketing Group

Lets Be Real

Current Employee - Licensed Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO
Current Employee - Licensed Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group part-time (more than an year)

Pros

THE ENVIRONMENT! Good music playing, management is easy to work with, and co workers are fun to be around. Off early on Fridays and get an hour lunch everyday. This is the only telemarketing job that Ive ever had that I got off at 4:45 everyday and off at 2 on Fridays.

New comp plan was nice to see, all sales are bonused now.

Cons

Can be boring job at times. Reading the same script over and over becomes uneventful. No one is interested in hearing what you have to say and you try to convince them otherwise.

Increase base pay for people who have been there longer than a year. Have leadership training for aspiring managers, and set a road-map for those who want to get into management.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Roberts Marketing Group (View Most Recent)

Let's tell it like it really is!

Former Employee - Marketer "Pre-Closer" in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Marketer "Pre-Closer" in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the poor people working there and I mean that in both ways, were nice to work with.

Cons

ON THE MARKERING SIDE "Pre- closers". Robert's pay structure is pathetic. Their excuse is they designed it in such a way to weed out the poor producers. Well it isn't designed for the good producers either. Boring job, calling on Poor seniors to get them to speak to someone about life insurance, a lot of them have been called many times from Robert's Marketing throughout the day. Their "Closers" determine the whether the "Pre-Closers" get a bonus or not, they must sell the transfer in order to receive bonus. We did not have a lot of confidence in them. Oh and the leave early on Friday is well deserved because of all of the extra hours you put in on Monday through Thursday. My advice to you if your looking for a job look elsewhere this not a keeper.

Devise a pay plan that pays your producers well. LOL they are to cheap for that.

Roberts Marketing Group Response

Sep 11, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your candid review… it provides us the opportunity to assess our programs/processes for possible improvements. I’m not sure how long ago you worked here, but a new compensation plan ... More

If it seems to good to be true it really is.

Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not many, The hours being weekends off and off at 2 of Fridays. If you can handle working for bare pay it's an easy job. Leadership is good. 1 hour lunch breaks.

Cons

A perfect sales pitch is given to all new hires. Making it sound like the job of a lifetime and making it like you won the lottery! Only to be realized that a very small portion of there staff has been there for at least 6 months. Most start in the Telemarketing side vs Sales. The bonus structure looks to be amazing. But in reality very few hit Bonus. So what do you have for job security? A 8.00 an hour job that suppose to be the most aggressive pay structure in the industry. LOL! Wow are they idiots. I will say that everyone in there leadership could sell a pen to a lot of people even if they would never use it. They all know each other and are in the positions for a reason. The company is all talk. Sure it's really easy to laugh and joke and clap at your Pre Closers cause your not making $8.00 an hour. It's like they have a Family of Chiefs running the place. What most will say after working there the first few weeks. What did I get myself into? To wrap up this. Overall if you need a job and are willing to stick it out for no matter how low of pay. Then Roberts may be a good fit for you. But overall can you say Capital SCAM!!!!!!!

Quit BS'ing new staff and promising that you will make as much money as possible. Be more honest and open to how it all works. And being truthful that not many do bonus and a lot of times you will be making a low wage. It's really insulting to see you hype up a Company and exaggerate it's potential. Mr.Roberts and Mrs.Roberts do seem like decent people. But pay your workers a living wage. Turnover will never slow down if you don't make the right changes and be more open and honest.

Roberts Marketing Group Response

Aug 12, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your review. We read all reviews for any constructive criticism that is offered, so we can evaluate our business from the first line employee’s perspective. Your review along with ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Roberts Marketing Group