There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Roche Colorado Corperation

Current Employee - Senior Chemical Operator  in  Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Senior Chemical Operator in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Management is working hard to get outside business so that we can be self sufficient. With all that is going on in the world, I am not only thankful to have a job, but thankful to have health insurance and work for a company that is growing, not just surviving or on the downward slide.

Cons

We work 12 hours shifts and every other weekend. So the days get long and I don't like working on the weekends. Alot of things are based on senority which I think is kind of out of date.

Don't be afraid of change. Just because that is what Roche has always done doesn't mean that is how we have to do thinkgs all the time from here on out.

490 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Great for big pharma

Current Employee - Senior Regulatory Consultant  in  Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Regulatory Consultant in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Roche

Pros

The pay is good and the company is usually sound. There is opportunity for advancement and you are clearly expected to gain experience and climb the corporate ladder. "Dead weight" seems to get cut when the inevitable lay-offs occur, which in my experience has been every 3 years or so. As big pharma companies go, Roche is ethical and patient safety is a big issue.
    Work life balance is also encouraged, but I find it ironic that when you drive by late at night or on a weekend, it's not management's Mercedes or BMW's in the parking lot, it's the rank and file.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy is a huge problem. It's like working for the federal government. Roche is so big and there are so many different division and acquisitions, communication is horrible and efficiency is effected. It can take days just to get a simple computer issue solved.

Lose the arrogance and become more adaptable. Bring the companies tech up to date.

Successful Pharma with many opportunities

Current Employee - Line Manager  in  Nutley, NJ
    Current Employee - Line Manager in Nutley, NJ

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Many interesting projects across all departments in Roche
    Good job opportunities globally. Very good expat opportunities for those who are interested.
    Growing company with successful products both in Pharma and Diagnostics.
    Global focus on many projects that makes them challenging and interesting at the same time.
    Market leader in oncology drug development and sales. Growing their franchise in RA.
    Solid financial position relative to other pharmaceutical companies that should continue in the future.
    Relatively good personal working environment at most sites

Cons

Lower salary than my peers in other companies
    Typical large company bureaucracy
    Technologically they are behind other companies in support of employee productivity

Continue to push the performance management and show more courage to remove the barriers for people to perform their best.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!