Roche

Tread Carefully

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Long-term company strategy is on the mark towards personalized medicine. The company has deep pockets. The fact that the company is semi-privately held really allows Roche to focus on long-term results. Roche is in this business for the long-haul, not to appease Wall Street analyst's quarterly expectations.

Cons

The fact that they completely bungled getting Mircera to market, and now Actemra is significantly delayed. The entire biotech/pharma industry is in for a change with the new presidential administration and congress. Much uncertainty around the impending Genentech acquisition. Even though Roche is buying Genentech, it certainly feels like the new organization is going to be more like Genentech than Roche. (Wanting to preserve Genentech culture....moving commercial operations from NJ to Sout San Francisco).

It was Senior Management that should be held responsible for the mis-steps with Mircera and Actemra. Take some accountability and candidly acknowledge that you missed the mark.

526 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Roche Colorado Corperation

Current Employee - Senior Chemical Operator in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Chemical Operator in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Management is working hard to get outside business so that we can be self sufficient. With all that is going on in the world, I am not only thankful to have a job, but thankful to have health insurance and work for a company that is growing, not just surviving or on the downward slide.

Cons

We work 12 hours shifts and every other weekend. So the days get long and I don't like working on the weekends. Alot of things are based on senority which I think is kind of out of date.

Don't be afraid of change. Just because that is what Roche has always done doesn't mean that is how we have to do thinkgs all the time from here on out.

Great for big pharma

Current Employee - Senior Regulatory Consultant in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Regulatory Consultant in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Roche

Pros

The pay is good and the company is usually sound. There is opportunity for advancement and you are clearly expected to gain experience and climb the corporate ladder. "Dead weight" seems to get cut when the inevitable lay-offs occur, which in my experience has been every 3 years or so. As big pharma companies go, Roche is ethical and patient safety is a big issue.
    Work life balance is also encouraged, but I find it ironic that when you drive by late at night or on a weekend, it's not management's Mercedes or BMW's in the parking lot, it's the rank and file.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy is a huge problem. It's like working for the federal government. Roche is so big and there are so many different division and acquisitions, communication is horrible and efficiency is effected. It can take days just to get a simple computer issue solved.

Lose the arrogance and become more adaptable. Bring the companies tech up to date.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche