There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Interesting work but be prepared to deal with politics

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Large company with lots of resources and interesting projects. Multiple sites and multiple divisions with interesting people working on a variety of problems through discovery and development. Generally good benefits, pension, and working atmosphere. Ability to interact with colleagues in multiple countries and ability to potentially have multiple careers within one company. Ability to attract and review vendors.

Cons

Management hierarchy based on politics on not on ability or merit. Too many meetings and yet too many groups not coordinated in efforts. The management does not match the talent of the people who work there. Cutural divide between headquarters in Basel and other sites.

Reward talent and results and streamline divisions

489 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Roche Colorado Corperation

Current Employee - Senior Chemical Operator  in  Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Chemical Operator in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Management is working hard to get outside business so that we can be self sufficient. With all that is going on in the world, I am not only thankful to have a job, but thankful to have health insurance and work for a company that is growing, not just surviving or on the downward slide.

Cons

We work 12 hours shifts and every other weekend. So the days get long and I don't like working on the weekends. Alot of things are based on senority which I think is kind of out of date.

Don't be afraid of change. Just because that is what Roche has always done doesn't mean that is how we have to do thinkgs all the time from here on out.

Great for big pharma

Current Employee - Senior Regulatory Consultant  in  Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Regulatory Consultant in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Roche

Pros

The pay is good and the company is usually sound. There is opportunity for advancement and you are clearly expected to gain experience and climb the corporate ladder. "Dead weight" seems to get cut when the inevitable lay-offs occur, which in my experience has been every 3 years or so. As big pharma companies go, Roche is ethical and patient safety is a big issue.
    Work life balance is also encouraged, but I find it ironic that when you drive by late at night or on a weekend, it's not management's Mercedes or BMW's in the parking lot, it's the rank and file.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy is a huge problem. It's like working for the federal government. Roche is so big and there are so many different division and acquisitions, communication is horrible and efficiency is effected. It can take days just to get a simple computer issue solved.

Lose the arrogance and become more adaptable. Bring the companies tech up to date.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!