Very innovative and sustainably minded company focusing on high performance operations

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Leader in sustainability for the pharmaceutical industry

Cons

Adherence to Roche policies needed improving for Genentech operations during my tenure. I was often alone in pushing for the highest quality mechanical designs due to a lack of sufficient engineering oversight.

Be sure that your engineering directors are licensed engineers so they have independent motivation for compliance with all applicable regulations and the judgement to discern quality.

Other Reviews for Roche

Interning at Roche has been an engaging and enlightening experience.

Current Employee - Intern, Development  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Intern, Development in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Roche as an intern for less than a year

Pros

In a nutshell: this company takes care of its employees. There are many campus socials, great company culture and values, vast resources available to all employees, inter-departmental collaboration, an appreciation of individual contributions to global accomplishments, and good compensation.

Cons

Bureaucracy, Red Tape, Contract vs. Full-Time positions have different privileges.

We are growing faster than our facilities can manage, so allocation of resources is critical to each group's success.

Products that Matter from People who Care

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We had excellent benefits, great collaboration between functions, safe environment, great opportunities, fair performance reviews, excellent on-site personal services for employees, great on-site gym. Severance packages excellent. Proud to have had such a long-run with a Company who has produced so many life-saving and life-changing pharmaceuticals were discovered from Accutane to Interferon and from Vitamin C to Valium.

Cons

Since Roche purchased Genentech and all of Corporate has moved to South San Francisco, jobs are nonexistent. a Business decision was made to cancel many research projects, some have been transferred to Europe, and now the impending shut down of the Nutley campus leaves most employees looking for employment elsewhere.This infamous research so hard to miss on Route 3 or landing from the North into Newark Airport is scheduled to be fully shut down by January 2014.

Continue to be compassionate and remember the human factor when you're sitting around the table making your strategic decisions about future directions, the employees loved our blessed Nutley site, and a way of life for us.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche.

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!