There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Research Associate

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Research Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work environment. Projects are well supported and properly equipped. Great colleagues to work with. Pay is good and good work is often recognized. Projects are well developed and interesting. Mid management is good over all.

Cons

Some projects with sound scientific and business basis killed by upper management personnel turnover. Radical and too frequent shifts in research focus is wasteful of financial and human investment in projects. Became difficult to obtain mature research goals.

Think long and hard before making radical changes. Seeing hard won discoveries and results go into the vault prematurely is hard on staff morale and dedication.

484 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

This was a great experience because I developed my professional skills and learned about the biotechnology industry.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Roche as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Roche invested time to train interns on essential business programs and skills to foster a culture of professional development. I also learned to navigate through an international company.

Cons

I have only worked at Roche for slightly more than a month and thus feel that is not adequate time to assess the cons of the company.

It would be very helpful and beneficial for all employees to have more access and communication with upper management. They often have valuable advice to offer and employees can learn a great deal from their leaders.

Graduate Intern

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Roche as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Internship is focused on helping the intern learn and grow more than on busy work. Projects are meaningful and have a lasting impact with upper management.

Cons

If you need to be micro-managed this is not the place for you

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!