Roche

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Research Associate

Former Employee - Research Associate in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Research Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Roche full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Projects are well supported and properly equipped. Great colleagues to work with. Pay is good and good work is often recognized. Projects are well developed and interesting. Mid management is good over all.

Cons

Some projects with sound scientific and business basis killed by upper management personnel turnover. Radical and too frequent shifts in research focus is wasteful of financial and human investment in projects. Became difficult to obtain mature research goals.

Think long and hard before making radical changes. Seeing hard won discoveries and results go into the vault prematurely is hard on staff morale and dedication.

529 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Great Internship Opportunity

Current Employee - Intern, Product Communications in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Intern, Product Communications in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Roche as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Roche's internship program is one of the best programs out there. Not only is the entire company incredibly welcoming and supportive of the interns, the program gives us access to senior directors, department heads, and other people in upper management so that we get as much exposure within the company as possible. In addition, the skills and experiences you gain are invaluable. I've had the opportunity to work on two projects that will affect other Roche employees.

Cons

Despite heading two projects of my own, sometimes it does feel like the full time employees put work for my project on the back burner.

I would strongly encourage more of upper management to get involved with the intern program. This is the chance to foster future employees and mentor people with huge potential.

I was an intern.

Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Roche as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Multitude of projects, a lot of motivated people to work with.

Cons

Aquiring young talent is something they need to work on.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche