There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Fantastic place where you can grow your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nutley, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nutley, NJ

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Intelligent and friendly coworkers. Career discussions are mandated with employees and managers at least twice per year, but more frequent dicussions are encouraged. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Major downsizing in 2012 has left some gaps in the workforce. Hiring of new employees has been slow.

490 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Great Internship Opportunity

Current Employee - Intern, Product Communications  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Intern, Product Communications in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Roche as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Roche's internship program is one of the best programs out there. Not only is the entire company incredibly welcoming and supportive of the interns, the program gives us access to senior directors, department heads, and other people in upper management so that we get as much exposure within the company as possible. In addition, the skills and experiences you gain are invaluable. I've had the opportunity to work on two projects that will affect other Roche employees.

Cons

Despite heading two projects of my own, sometimes it does feel like the full time employees put work for my project on the back burner.

I would strongly encourage more of upper management to get involved with the intern program. This is the chance to foster future employees and mentor people with huge potential.

Big company feel with poor management, small company salary and little or no work life balance

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

BIg company feel, lots of benefits, with lots of products in the pipeline and job security.

Cons

Big company feel means that it seems that the company does not care about it employees and only worried about the bottom line. Lowest compensation of all the top diagnostic companies

Get it together. Hire the right people, not because of degree qualifications on paper but because they can do the job. Having a PhD does not mean you know how to manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!