There are newer employer reviews for Roche

a place with no technical growth

Current Employee - Programmer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Programmer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Big name company in the pharma field Lots of training chances and materials if you are willing to learn nice office and location

Cons

bad cafe foods tasks over-predefined and no more room to apply advanced programming skills doing some silly programming jobs most of the time by just clicking the buttons with minimum debugging info too many TC, especially early morning TC for employee in USA some first-line managers are really bad at managing people, always discouraging or distracting their hardworking employee even when they got a task done with surprisingly good results. Maybe those managers are pessimistic and under pressure thus make the team as unhappy as her/him

Advice to Management

When the first-line manager's boss is in Europe, it is very easy for the first-line manager to hide a lot of problems locally. Please connect with the employee directly.

Other Employee Reviews for Roche

1. Enjoyed my time at Roche

Current Employee - Research Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I came to Roche shortly after graduating from college and I am very happy with my experience here. I have learned a great deal from my colleagues and have been fortunate to have a great manager and group. Our site is shutting down at the end if the summer so I will be looking for opportunities elsewhere but I would gladly work for Roche again.

Cons

Although they claim to have calibration meetings during performance reviews to ensure everyone is treated equally when it comes to reviews and promotions the truth is that everyone is not always held to the same standards. At times, people could be getting promotions doing the bare minimum in some groups while others work hard only to be denied a promotion.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone as equally as possible. I realize it may be difficult, but I think a slightly better job could be done.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

lots of room for growth, highly respected and reputable company, great communication from management, promote from within, good pay if you're in the right department

Cons

takes lots of time to grow within the company, pay could be better, sales opportunities are far and few between (if looking to get into sales)

Advice to Management

overall i think management and leadership is great. i think the president is taking the company in the right direction