Rochester Armored Car

This Company is a joke.

Current Employee - Jack-of-All-Trades
Current Employee - Jack-of-All-Trades

I have been working at Rochester Armored Car

Pros

The work itself is not complicated and can be very enjoyable depending on who you are working with for the day. The job is fairly easy to learn and also isn't too terribly demanding. Matching 401k is decent.

Cons

Everything else! Management has a serious lack of communication. The armored trucks are often running on their last leg before being worked on, and even then the bare minimum is done. One truck we were driving had the seat belt come unbolted....it stayed like that for over a week even after management was notified. Lots of empty promises from management. If you are told you will be getting a raise expect to wait at least another six months before actually getting it...with no backpay. Lots of heavy lifting and yet the company offers no health insurance benefits, also no sick pay. Even though we work usually 45 to 50 hours a week no overtime is ever given. Favoritism is huge within this company...one guy repeatedly comes in late and at least once did not shown up without calling in. He is in no danger of being fired since he is a drinking buddy of the local manager. Too many negative things to list about this company. I talked to an Industrial & Organized Psychologist about the company and told him about all the things that go on. He told me that a company like this should be avoided at all costs. This was a definite "F" grade company.

Advice to Management

Offer some health benefits. We put our backs on the line everyday to get work done, the least you could do is offer a little insurance. Also, learn how to communicate properly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. not what I expected

Current Employee - Armed Guard in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Armed Guard in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Rochester Armored Car full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

get plenty of hours, get to carry your firearm of choice, paid vacation, paid holidays, Christmas and thanksgiving off

Cons

no set hours, trucks are used till they cannot pass inspection anymore, so prepare to deal with a truck breaking down at least once a month, or no a/c in the hot summers and no heater in the winter

Advice to Management

should listen to some of your employees and not just the manager because ALOT could be improved and the turnover rate wont be so bad

2. Manager

Former Employee - Driver in Macon, NC
    Former Employee - Driver in Macon, NC

I worked at Rochester Armored Car (More than 5 years)

Pros

work as many hours as you want.

Cons

Would be very good to have a over time policy.

Advice to Management

Need a absentee policy.