Rochester Armored Car

This Company is a joke.

Current Employee - Jack-of-All-Trades
Current Employee - Jack-of-All-Trades

I have been working at Rochester Armored Car

Pros

The work itself is not complicated and can be very enjoyable depending on who you are working with for the day. The job is fairly easy to learn and also isn't too terribly demanding. Matching 401k is decent.

Cons

Everything else! Management has a serious lack of communication. The armored trucks are often running on their last leg before being worked on, and even then the bare minimum is done. One truck we were driving had the seat belt come unbolted....it stayed like that for over a week even after management was notified. Lots of empty promises from management. If you are told you will be getting a raise expect to wait at least another six months before actually getting it...with no backpay. Lots of heavy lifting and yet the company offers no health insurance benefits, also no sick pay. Even though we work usually 45 to 50 hours a week no overtime is ever given. Favoritism is huge within this company...one guy repeatedly comes in late and at least once did not shown up without calling in. He is in no danger of being fired since he is a drinking buddy of the local manager. Too many negative things to list about this company. I talked to an Industrial & Organized Psychologist about the company and told him about all the things that go on. He told me that a company like this should be avoided at all costs. This was a definite "F" grade company.

Advice to Management

Offer some health benefits. We put our backs on the line everyday to get work done, the least you could do is offer a little insurance. Also, learn how to communicate properly.

reviews filtered by
  1. I'm extremely grateful for the job opportunity that Rochester Armored Car provided me after retiring from the Service.

I have been working at Rochester Armored Car full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working in a small team with very little involvement from management,

Cons

High turnover rate due to minimal/low wages, don't expect allot of growth within the company, and there little to no benefits.

Advice to Management

The commissioning process needs to be addressed; it takes way too long. There was no training program for new employee's; recommend a one day in house course outlining the duties and responsibilities of a armored crew member. Additionally, there should also be an employee handbook that has examples of the companies policies/examples of all the forms that are filled out on a daily basis.

2. Don't work here if you can help it.

Former Employee - Armored Car Messenger/Driver in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Armored Car Messenger/Driver in Omaha, NE

I worked at Rochester Armored Car full-time

Pros

- Fairly easy job.
    - Can expect consistency day-in and day-out.

Cons

- Trucks are kept in very poor shape.
    - Loading/unloading area is a filthy garage.
    - Family-run company, so absolutely no room for growth beyond a point.
    - Management doesn't seem interested in hearing concerns of employees so they might improve their company.
    - No employee break area and bathroom is gag-worthy with awful plumbing.
    - Some employees think very highly of themselves with their "piece" strapped to their side.
    - The family members who run payroll are completely unqualified and can hardly go one pay period without screwing something up.

Advice to Management

Once the older family members retire, I have no faith in the sons running anything.

There are newer employer reviews for Rochester Armored Car