toughin it out 'till i can find something else

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Rochester Armored Car

Pros

can work well over 40 hours a week. company pays for CDL and passport (where needed for work). it's a really good temp job while looking for a police position. you're in one of the toughest vehicles on the road. and lets not forget the occasional cute bank tellers (best part).

Cons

you will never get overtime pay due to a labeling loophole in your job description. employee reviews are nonexistent. you will receive raises roughly once a year based on management favoritism over any actual performance. promotions are rare. getting time off is difficult at best.

when hiring please set the bar a bit higher. considering what we do having extra people on staff isn't a bad thing. also considering the risks we take daily it would be nice not to be treated as a disposable resource.

Other Reviews for Rochester Armored Car

This Company is a joke.

Current Employee - Jack-of-All-Trades
    Current Employee - Jack-of-All-Trades

I have been working at Rochester Armored Car

Pros

The work itself is not complicated and can be very enjoyable depending on who you are working with for the day. The job is fairly easy to learn and also isn't too terribly demanding. Matching 401k is decent.

Cons

Everything else! Management has a serious lack of communication. The armored trucks are often running on their last leg before being worked on, and even then the bare minimum is done. One truck we were driving had the seat belt come unbolted....it stayed like that for over a week even after management was notified. Lots of empty promises from management. If you are told you will be getting a raise expect to wait at least another six months before actually getting it...with no backpay. Lots of heavy lifting and yet the company offers no health insurance benefits, also no sick pay. Even though we work usually 45 to 50 hours a week no overtime is ever given. Favoritism is huge within this company...one guy repeatedly comes in late and at least once did not shown up without calling in. He is in no danger of being fired since he is a drinking buddy of the local manager. Too many negative things to list about this company. I talked to an Industrial & Organized Psychologist about the company and told him about all the things that go on. He told me that a company like this should be avoided at all costs. This was a definite "F" grade company.

Offer some health benefits. We put our backs on the line everyday to get work done, the least you could do is offer a little insurance. Also, learn how to communicate properly.

A lot to lean without training.

Former Employee - Driver  in  Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Driver in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Rochester Armored Car full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rochester works with older employee to keep them on the job.

Cons

Do not pay for knowledge or hard work. Pay increases for (if you are will liked by the boss).

No advice,they know it all!

There are newer employer reviews for Rochester Armored Car.

Worked for Rochester Armored Car? Contribute to the Community!