There are newer employer reviews for Rocket Fuel

Great company that is growing very fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great technology, management really cares about employees and keeping them engaged while growing very quickly. Management is very supportive of employees changing roles and trying new jobs to continue their growth and development. It is one of the best companies that I've ever worked at.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that roles can change quickly at times, and the culture is evolving as new employees are hired. I think biggest weakness is that management relies on informal communication and email too much and as we grow we need much more formal communication to ensure everyone is on the same page going forward.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to be in charge of internal corporate communications to publish a semi-monthly newsletter and communicate key hiring decisions or role changes internally quickly and efficiently. Limit emails sent across the company

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great experience so far

Current Intern - Intern in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Rocket Fuel as an intern

Pros

Great Benefits, flexible hours, helpful co-workers

Cons

I've only been there for two weeks but no cons so far

Advice to Management

None

Lovable, nerdy and popular?

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

(most of) The people. The technology. The employee perks. The salary. Rocket Fuel has grown exponentially over the last year, and their recruiters have consistently hired great people. But...

Cons

(some of) The people. Product vs. Tech = hate. Lack of HR. Lack of employee career development. No business planning. No formal processes from top down. Operationally inept. Limited coordination between teams. Must be "popular" ("talked about") to be respected, promoted and listened to.

Advice to Management

Implement a formal and consistent employee review process. Hire middle-management (not just in sales). Instead of encouraging employees to reach out to management (CEO) give team leads/dir/vps the mandate to get direct feedback from their teams. Then organize a forum for the execs to review that feedback. Ensure that your leadership teams are leading t