Rocket Fuel

www.rocketfuel.com

Growing pains, wild rides, lots of learning, super fun and still going strong.

Senior Rocket Scientist (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsContext: I am in the engineering team.

1. Learning opportunities are huge in most major areas of computer science (AI, Big Data and Big Systems).

2. Feels like a small company even after going public. I have to take big decisions and I have to take them responsibly.

3. Ability to make a difference: from mentoring new engineers to enabling new features for customers, my work seems to make a direct impact in the current and future well being of the company.

4. A very high percentage of people are super-competent and a pleasure to work with/learn from.

5. Free food, game room, talk sessions, and most importantly a lot of cool work still left to do.

ConsPackage/benefits are ok - not super great. Management needs to get better at "more wood behind fewer arrows". This manifests itself in many symptoms all over the company - from milestone planning, deliverables prioritization etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe popular solution to many problems is "hire someone to solve it". Maybe we need to introspect a little more and work more efficiently to get it done.

Great work, great people

Senior Rocket Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for less than a year

Pros: * Work is very exciting, diverse and flexible. Its spans a wide range of areas. * People are excellent, knowledgeable and helpful (great backgrounds) * Compensation and… Cons: * No cons (its a great company) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast growth, great tech, fun people.

Middle Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart, fun, well intentioned people. Fabulous AI based technology. Growth and opportunity… Cons: Growing pains. Some haven't adjusted to the larger company phase well (see sour grapes reviews for proof… Advice to Senior Management: Keep optimizing, and don't be afraid to make changes when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rocket Fuel.

Worked for Rocket Fuel? Contribute to the Community!