There are newer employer reviews for Rockford College

Information Technology Specialist

I have been working at Rockford College

Pros

Not only is it a great place to work but free tuition is also included for full time employees to further their education while working and this includes flexible scheduling, and great benefits.

Cons

I have not had many cons other than you sometimes get some pretty rude encounters with people that you are only trying to help. That is a small issue to deal with though, because it is not every day that this occurs.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Rockford College (View Most Recent)

Good People, Needs Better Vision.

I worked at Rockford College

Pros

There are a lot of good people working at the College that truly care about their institution and what is going on.

Cons

Salary is below market value, Leadership changes need to happen, A clearer & realistic visit of RU is needed.

Re-evaluate pay structure and recognize who/what the institution really is.

Not the place for forward thinking individuals

I have been working at Rockford College full-time

Pros

They have a great tuition remission program that allows full time employees to take classes for free or at a discounted rate if you are part time.

There are a lot of very dedicated individuals who work here and love this school and city.

Cons

The environment is very defensive to change or suggestions from those who have not been here for an exceedingly long time.

Office politics run deep and is not likely to change any time soon.

Taking advantage of the free tuition is largely dependent on your supervisor being flexible enough to allow you to take the classes since most classes are during normal working hours.

The mentality of much of the middle management and perhaps even upper management is flawed and rigid to views outside of their own. There is an attitude of classicism that I believe is actually at the core of their actions and the culture that they promote. I have been met with much resistance to the methods of improving the nature of my role and that of the people I have direct professional contact with. My efforts have not been viewed as being proactive in my role, something I am used to being praised for in other positions I have held, but rather "overstepping by bounds" which is frankly insulting. If you have a desire to genuinely improve the quality and caliber of this institution than you need to empower your employees to make decisions and effect change at the level that they are affected by and responsible for. As it stands employees are viewed as children who need permission rather than the professional adults that they are. If you want cowering children then hire them and stop wasting the time of proactive-minded people under the guise that this institution wants to change. I have been a working professional for over a decade and have held various positions throughout that time and this has been the worst working experience that I have had the displeasure of experiencing for these reasons.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockford College