Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockstar Games reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockstar Games CEO Sam Houser. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockstar Games employees.
6 people found this helpful
Former Employee – worked at Rockstar Games
Pros – * If you like "challenging" and don't have a life- this place is for you.
* Projects are great and most of the time there is so much pressure you can get away with adding your input.
Cons – * This place is a real drag on your health, confidence and personal life.
* You can like it for being a real challenge but be prepared to hate what you love doing.
* Half of the people don't know what they are doing, which makes it difficult to work and express yourself as a real professional.
* Your chat logs are being scanned and read by live personnel and your managers in real time. Security cameras are all over and management is known to abuse such resources.
* Full-time employees get run down and pressured to work 50-80 hours on the weekly basis. People start to smoke, get fat and start loosing hair 2 months into the job. The place is really stressful.
Advice to Senior Management – * Increase professionalism by hiring better / more skilled employees.
* Replace half the management with new personnel to create better communication and healthy competition amongst the team members.
* Hire more to take the stress off work.
* Encourage a healthy life style.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2008-12-27 23:16 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.