Rockwell Automation

NOT an Employer of Choice

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation

Pros

The cafeteria has some good selections and the people are hard working and care about doing a good job.

Cons

Company processes are borderline unethical, promotion decisions are laughable, unless you are a white guy born in the midwest. No work/life balance,

If I trusted management in the first place I would not be writing this review.

346 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Automation (View Most Recent)

Aggressive corporate environment, not a healthy work/life balance

Former Employee - Director  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation

Pros

Global experience (good & bad)
    Good pay
    401K plan is adequate
    Company is stable and will be for a long time

Cons

Terrible work/life balance
    Benefits terrible - negotiate for more pay!!
    Leadership makes decisions behind closed doors despite very smart and talented employees
    Not a fun place to work anymore

If you hire quality people, trust them and let them make decisions - this is not consistent across the organization, some areas are exceptional (Engineering), others suffer greatly (Information Technology).

Your benefits strategy failed and is now a detriment to hiring and retaining talent. It was a valid idea and effort, probably time to re-position.

You're not treating people in a healthy manner, work/life balance needs to be addressed - talk to HR and recruiters, RA is now known as a sweat shop!

I was being considered for a senior position when I left, I would not return without some major changes per comments above.

Lastly - Keith is a very hard working smart leader who I respect as much as anyone. We all know he's not as dynamic as Davis was, his charisma is within his knowledge and passion for what he does. That charisma is within many employees at Rockwell (c'mon, their engineers!), however, there is an issue within upper and middle leadership - and PWC isn't going to be able to solve this one for you! Come to think of it, they've never solved any of your problems! So launches my consulting career...

Great at first, then leadership in my department changed, and life got miserable from there.

Former Employee - Marketing Communications  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation

Pros

Smart people, growing company, decent onsite perks at headquarters

Cons

Reluctance to remove bad, engagement-sapping leaders, very political, backstabbing

Improve your leadership; look at engagement levels and deal with people managers who have low engagement levels

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!