There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation

Great place to work but limited opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They hire very talented hard working people. I very rarely came across indivduals that were difficult to work with most often people went the extra mile to help. There is a sense of community within the organization. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, good 401K matching plan, and other reward and bonus incentives. I worked here during the 2008 recession and I felt that is was managed very well by senior management.

Cons

If you are looking for a cutting edge highly innovated dynamic place to work this might not be suited for you. Rockwell is a conservative yet tried and true engineering company to work for.

reviews filtered by

Thankful to have a job, but that is about it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation

Pros

Average compensation, some flexibility with schedule depending on what you do.

Cons

All areas are understaffed. Expect to do more with less. Work hard all year, get very good feedback from manager, but then a poor review. Merit increases POOR! Company cares more about stock holders than employees. Promises made by manager get pulled back due to a 'business justification needed'. In many cases, contractors appear to have more flexibility than employees.

2. NOT an Employer of Choice

Current Employee - Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation

Pros

The cafeteria has some good selections and the people are hard working and care about doing a good job.

Cons

Company processes are borderline unethical, promotion decisions are laughable, unless you are a white guy born in the midwest. No work/life balance,

If I trusted management in the first place I would not be writing this review.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation