Rockwell Automation

www.rockwellautomation.com
  www.rockwellautomation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation

Great internship in a global, Fortune 500 company.

Current Employee - IT Intern in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - IT Intern in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

During my internship, I was able to network with dozens of interns in different departments. My managers and mentors were approachable, knowledgeable, and appreciative of my contributions. Most of the time I was working on meaningful tasks and projects.

Cons

Huge corporate headquarters can be difficult to navigate and find meeting rooms on unfamiliar floors. Generally it seems to take longer than expected for projects to be completed. There are no windows in the cubicle area.

none.

387 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Automation (View Most Recent)

Good company, good pay, long hours

Former Employee - GPT IT Team Member in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - GPT IT Team Member in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rockwell (formerly Allen Bradley) has been a foundation in Milwaukee for a long time. The pay is really good, depending on which project you are working on. It is close to downtown and there are great places to eat. There was no lack of work, so job security was not an issue. The cafeteria is pretty kick ass, too.

Cons

Management on the project I worked on over-committed a lot. We worked long hours, including weekends and holidays (though holiday work was compensated well). The building is NOT meant to be an office building. There are no windows anywhere, so at times you feel like you are in a prison. On the SAP project, the path for promotion is almost non-existent.

Be realistic in scope and commitment to timelines. Recognize the hard work of employees 100% more than you currently do.

Challenging, rewarding.

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Mauston, WI
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Mauston, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, strong emphasis on community involvement. Given the leeway to work through problems. The company seemed to care about their employees and was flexible. Most plants were smaller in size which allowed management to get to know the floor workers.

Cons

Lacked vision, shut down plants that were profitable to feed product lines into large, inefficient facilities. At times new programs came down from corporate HQ that were counter-intuitive to being efficient. They shut down some of their plants that they had recognized as LEAN centers of excellence. Gave LEAN manufacturing a bad name.

Get out to the production floor and see what is really going on, don't base all of your decisions on the P&L

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation