Rockwell Automation

www.rockwellautomation.com
  www.rockwellautomation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation

positive experience, good technical opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer  in  Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Smart engineers, diversified customer base

Cons

terrible project management
dysfunctional marketing department
chronologically challenged engineering department

Improve engineering development collaboration with marketing
Make better project development decisions

347 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Automation (View Most Recent)

Different Company Culture and Little Career Opportunities

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice benefits (onsite medical staff, cafeteria, bank, convenience store) and my boss was wonderful with providing feedback and advice and assisting with my career development. The work/life balance was also very flexible and the year end bonus (if the company did well) and rewards and recognition were very nice.

Cons

The people can be either very nice or strange and condescending. The employees at Rockwell have it quite good in comparison to a lot of other companies but they still somehow find things to complain about. It's discouraging to have to listen to negativity all the time. There are no career advancement opportunities to speak of whatsoever. I applied to several jobs internally and there was no contact or follow up. When I took it upon myself to follow up, I was told the position(s) had already been filled. It's a shame when a company is so large they treat employees like a number and have no interest in keeping capable employees. I'm afraid the company culture is still quite old school as well. People are literally afraid of members of senior management and it keeps anyone from offering valid suggestions and the company from making progress.

I never once saw any member of senior management or the CEO. Be more visible and welcoming to your employees who are driving the success of the business. Other company CEOs regularly meet and greet with their employees at all levels.

Great company that allows personal growth if your willing to grow

I have been working at Rockwell Automation

Pros

There are many ways to grow professionally, from online education, to offsite conferences, to changing positions. Growth is expected of their engineers. Those that cannot challenge themselves will find it a hard place to hide.

Cons

Slow to change due to size of the organization. Management often does not challenge upwards - but they do challenge downwards.

Reward those managers that challenge you the status quo. There is often very little upside to sticking out your neck.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation

Worked for Rockwell Automation? Contribute to the Community!