Rockwell Collins
www.rockwellcollins.com Cedar Rapids, IA 5000+ Employees

Midwest Hardware Company in Southern California doing both Software and Hardware

Tustin, CA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time

ProsWell planned projects move quickly. Some flexibility on technology choices. Overall friendly atmosphere. Have access to newer technologies on a few projects. Management is flexible with work/ life balance.

ConsToo few talented people: many survive by seniority. Most work outsourced to untrained programmers. Few opportunities for advancement if you are not outsourced.

Many projects are under-funded or short-scheduled. This leads to expected crisis near end of most projects. This leads to lots of overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal divisions and politics leads to waste. No reason to work too hard: no reward or upside.

Rockwell Collins

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fair compensation package, good people, great product, room for advancement,… Cons: Competition is catching up to us, causing lost sales. Too… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out how to beat the competition and do it. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They do not care about there employees.

Clerical (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits, vacation, work enviroment. There are great people working there.… Cons: They layoff people every year. Seems like now they are hitting the ones who are close to retirement.… Advice to Senior Management: Layoff Supervisors & Managers who are worthless & make too… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Collins CEO Kelly Ortberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees.