Rockwell Collins

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Management Heaven

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employed for now, maybe I can last until I retire... or find a job I enjoy.

Cons

Cuts to everything, benefits, pay, profit sharing, 401k, pension gone a few years ago, medical.
The culture has become one of duck and cover. No management support for engineers or their decisions. If someone in power does not like the answer you are out.
The corporate surveys are a joke, they ask no hard questions only feel good to make the company look responsive.
A recent restructure in Quality has led to knowledgeable workers being let go and idiots elevated.
Quality leadership has not one person with any experience in Quality operations. Absolutely doomed to fail.
Lean has become a power tool to destroy anything done by anyone with actual knowledge.
They added 4 more steps to the 4 step PDCA cycle... how Lean.
All proven quality tool and philosophies are renamed some from of Lean. Confusion is the result.
New tools which have shown excellent results are cast aside due to not invented here.
EVERY outsourced job has been a failure. The Indians and Chinese cant code verify, design. Several led engineers, technical manger senior technical managers were fired when they kept bring up issues and costs of the outsourcing and management refused to accept the problems.

Fire 70% of management and hold the rest accountable to become enablers to help the engineers and workers to perform... no micro manage or misuse their power to break their subordinates down. .

700 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

It's ok.

Former Employee - Aviation Meteorologist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Aviation Meteorologist in Houston, TX

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I mostly did not like working here but at least I had a job at the time.

Cons

Its not very fun. Lots of work on most days, not enough staff.

The cuts will keep coming!

Current Employee - Marketing and Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Marketing and Sales in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting technology
    Flex time allowed
    Wages are OK

Cons

Product lines are not expanding. New ideas are put on hold to cut department budgets.
    Lack of vision from Leadership on the importance of marketing, and how to market.
    Too much focus on the Wall Street numbers, and investor numbers. Creating over-reaction.
    Talented co-workers are let go, keeping less qualified employees, creating a huge loss in our processes, and overall production.
    Directors focus on the concept of "Lean", and micro managing ever detail of a process, losing sight of promoting creativity and ideas.
    Dysfunctional Leadership incapable of true honest positive communication, and direction.
    Too much corporate politics, keeps ideas from flowing freely.
    Leadership shares it's political viewpoints in mass company emails. Timed perfectly around election time.

Please own up to the programs Rockwell has lost as a major reason for the layoffs, and stop blaming it on the current administration, and "Sequestration" which hasn't even happened yet. I will bet the 1200+ will be laid off even if the "Sequestration" is stopped. Rockwell needs to look at the culture of "NO" we present daily, and stop the micro managing, looking for every little mistake, it is costing you the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins