Rockwell Collins
www.rockwellcollins.com Cedar Rapids, IA 5000+ Employees

Nice company

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsThe company has a clear path for personal growth and skill set expansion. I'm lucky that I have competent managers that support me and the entire department.

ConsAs with any large company internal politics can be cumbersome to navigate. If you don't have your own manager backing you; as in any company you will be in serious trouble . Some of the most simple things can have silly policies or procedures. Working across department lines can be very difficult and time consuming. Your experience at this company will vary greatly depending on your leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the silos. Working across departments can be ridiculous. It would be nice to see more reviews for management performance. There seems to be more tools and process in place for mitigating bad performance than rewarding good behavior.

Eh.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Easy to transfer between positions Good people flexible schedule Cons: Very easy to get stuck in a dead-end job Promotions and raises are based… Advice to Senior Management: Lots, but they don't listen so why bother. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Midwest laid back culture, taking care of employees. Cons: micromanagement when issues are going tough Advice to Senior Management: things are done better the first time if we take… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Collins CEO Kelly Ortberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees.