Rockwell Collins
www.rockwellcollins.com Cedar Rapids, IA 5000+ Employees

The bad far exceeds the good.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Tustin, CA

ProsGood co-workers and winter shutdown. Probably a good place if you're fresh out of college.

ConsToo much responsibility given to offshore contract workers (not qualified for majority of the tasks).

Below average pay.

Promotions based on seniority rather than skill/knowledge.

Long hours due to poor analysis/requirements and overly optimistic scheduling.

Some co-workers are unprofessional. They will claim completion on incomplete tasks (to fulfill a goal for their annual review), and end up passing the buck to another employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to use contract workers, hire local US employees. Don't allow unqualified engineers to continually write confusing non extendable software.

Stop believing that any engineer can accomplish any task. Instead, assign engineers to tasks that fit their strengths.

A great place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time

Pros: - Development - Flexibility - Opportunity A great company to work for,… Cons: None! Rockwell Collins is top notch and strives to give their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The staff surrounding your at RC is very helpful, management can get a bit sidetracked.

Enterprise Sourcing Intern (Former Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Rockwell Collins as an intern for less than a year

Pros: As an intern, RC was very pro-active on getting me involved. By the time my 3 months with them… Cons: Since I am a business marketing major, there was no room for me with the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Collins CEO Kelly Ortberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees.