There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Aviation Geeks' Dream Engineering Job

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Full of talented, passionate people. Lots of people have been there 10, 20+ years. I think everyone is there because they love what they do. A culture of excellence and improvement. Generous pay and benefits.

Cons

As with any company in the aviation industry there is a lot of process. This is as it should be for the safety required. I'm rather type-A myself and don't mind it, but the amount of process is not for everyone.

reviews filtered by

Bullies in the School yard - Never Grew up

Former Employee - Senior Electro - Mechanical Design Tech in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Senior Electro - Mechanical Design Tech in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was fooled by the best

Cons

The engineers that are hired at Rockwell Collins realize early that to get more money they must be in management - They never become good engineers - They are taught to be bullies.

Those who can engineer do - those who can't - Manage

I was a fool to have stayed here so long

Not a good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I made a couple of good friends and worked with a couple of people I liked and respected.

Cons

Poway management was horrific, didn't listen to employees when they voice issues with management, released employees under less than honest reasoning, upper management is narrow-minded. Started as a small company and maintained the clique mentality of "newcomers not welcome".

Get rid of most of your managers in Poway and get real ones...people that aren't engineers and have some people skills. Listen to what your staff is saying. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Show your staff you mean what you say and are really working to improve. Don't sit in your office with your door closed and expect things to change.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins