Rockwell Collins
www.rockwellcollins.com Cedar Rapids, IA 5000+ Employees

Building trust everyday, except those with deadlines

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- High job security in most area
- Friendly co-workers
- Frequently, I am working on cool/fun/challenging engineering, and trying to make a product within the constraints given that I can be proud of.

Cons- Frequent "highly suggested for a good year end review" overtime. Not mandatory b/c then they would legally have to pay you.
- Blocking people from transferring to another job within Rockwell fairly often.
- Management pushing employees to sign off on things they don't agree with.

Advice to Senior Management- Need to follow standards/process everyday, not try to find ways short-circuit it to meet deadlines. This usually comes back with more work, time, problems, and cost than the time that was supposedly saved.
- Do not block transfers to other orgs within Rockwell. If someone is told they can't transfer from a job they don't like, their next recourse is to leave, which is happening frequently now.

Terrible management

Engineer (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time

Pros: Three weeks vacation days ,plus Christmas / New Year Holiday,… Cons: Management is very arrogant and usually don't welcome new ideas.One… Advice to Senior Management: No No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rockwell Collins offers a great work environment, opportunities for advancement and a friendly, team-oriented atmosphere

Test Technician (Current Employee)
Manchester, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flexible work hours, three weeks of vacation accrues from day 1, good benefit options at reasonable prices, 401k… Cons: No more vacation until after 15 years of service, mid-level leaders don't follow through with actions and things fall through the cracks -- good plans… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to spend the money to make changes suggested by employees, when it comes to quality and performance. Many improvements could be made… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Collins CEO Kelly Ortberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees.