Rockwell Collins

www.rockwellcollins.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Content to be a fast follower, RC won't be first, but smaller, better engineered...

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good infrastructure support. Strong processes for everything. Lean culture. Great place to go if you want to homestead in an engineering company. Strong set of talented engineers.

Cons

Lost the entrepreneurial spirit that gave birth to the company. Has NO consulting or engineering services division to offer to its customers. Just a products company. Very little motivation to leave IOWA, hence, very insular cloistered environment.

Break out of Iowa (metaphorically and literally); be where the action is. Get more forward facing engineers interacting with customers, rather than just managers.

700 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

Positive experience with Rockwell Collins

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Richardson, TX

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time

Pros

Good healthcare benefit. Good Healthcare Saving Plan. People working here are friendly and very professional.

Cons

I have nothing Cons to say about this company.

A Company that Lives It's Values

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Rockwell Collins is a great company to work for. It's senior leadership practices it's motto of "Building Trust Everyday" both within the company and with it's customers. The work is challenging and individuals wno perform well are appropriately compensated. The company invests in it's employees through it's internal training programs and encourages pursuit of higher education. The leadership I have had the pleasure of working under have consistently emphasized work/personal life balance and have supported me throughout my career.

Cons

Cedar Rapids isn't for everyone. It is a wonderful town particularly for family oriented activities, but not be attractive for some younger employees looking for a more urban environment.

Keep on doing what you have been doing. You have a good recipe; don't change it unnecessarily. Maintain your values, they have been key to our success.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins