Rockwell Collins
www.rockwellcollins.com Cedar Rapids, IA 5000+ Employees

Female employees aren't treated the same as male employees.

Engineer (Current Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsGreat people, the schools in the Cedar Rapids area are great, good benefits, an onsite recreation center, pharmacy and company owned day-care center.

ConsOverworked due to always being short staffed, a few nice buildings but the majority are poor to fair, management states they want to practice lean, but don't seem to implement any lean suggestions from employees. Male employees are treated much better than female employees, in regards to pay and job advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe young people coming out of college today will not put up with what your 40 and 50 something employees have done. They expect more and will not stick around long if they don't get it. To keep the most talented young people you need to be more competitive.

Love my employer

Senior Electronic Assembler (Current Employee)
    Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits, Good wages. I enjoy working with… Cons: Due to the current economy, Rockwell has been forced to downsize. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Avionics company

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Richardson, TX

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Sometimes you get to do real engineering. Great location in… Cons: Very slow to adapt new technology. Very risk adverse due to the nature of the business but not fun for new college grads as… Advice to Senior Management: This used to be an engineering company and now it's ran by PMs. Only PMs get promoted and there… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Collins CEO Kelly Ortberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees.