There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Amazing people…incredible products and services…great place to work

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interesting work and really smart people makes coming to work a pleasure.

Cons

As with all companies there are some issues but there is nothing here that would make me want to leave.

Communicate communicate communicate…

626 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

Great career starter

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, learning advancements, great opportunity for growth and a diverse work experience (depending on your manager), a good compaany to start your career and get some experience

Cons

Some bad apples in the bunch, but that is normal, have cut back on some small incentives, bad location for the makority of their accounting/finance positions,

Work on improving middle management and get rid of those that are not willing to reform and help individual contributors grow

IGNORANT PLACE TO WORK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time for less than a year

Pros

JUST THE EMPLOYEE JOB BENEFITS

Cons

To start off, I didn't pass assembly school which was soldering, I never in my life soldered before I didn't even know what was involved, so I didn't pass the test only by about 4 mistakes and they let me go, so I was lied to by the lady there she told me to reapply when the position opens back up this was in 2011, I have applied there to many positions that I qualify for since than, I now am an excellent solderer and and IPC certified and training as an engineer technician with another company, I have worked in electronics since they let me go and that's how I got the experience.
    Im graduating with a bachelor of science in computer science next year.

This is an ignorant and stupid company due to me not passing the test the first time I just found out I'm not eligible for rehire, so that's it no second chance what so ever. I'm sure people have not passed it the first time and afterwards picked up the skills needed like I have excelled beyond, this company needs people like me for the future, young, motivated and talented. But to be honest I wouldn't want to work for an A****** company like this that won't even consider new skills, I wish them nothing but failure,I hope they fail and that other companies are kicking their A** because what goes around comes around.

STOP BEING SO STUCK UP AND IGNORNAT A*******, YOU GIVE A PERSON A SOLDERING TEST AND LET THEM GO JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T PASS SOMETHING THEY NEVER DID IN THEIR LIFE, THAN YOU BAN THEM AND THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE REHIRED JUST DUE TO THAT REASON.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!