Rockwell Collins

www.rockwellcollins.com

On the Decline...

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Warrenton, VA

ProsWhen I joined Rockwell Collins in 2007, Benefits were great and so was the compensation along with very interesting work. As time has progressed the benefits have declined year over year to becoming no better then average, all the while getting modest at best pay raises. If you have a good manager with interesting work you can excel in the company, but if you get moved around you can easily be pigeon holed into work you hate.

ConsVery in-flexible to non-Cedar Rapids locations, benefits are getting worse and worse. Promotions can be hard to get and if you want to stay in engineering there isn't much advancement. Working with RC in Cedar rapids is much better then at regional sites, RC does't understand how to adapt to different locations needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep down attrition, don't work people to death with no rewards and improve benefits, otherwise people will continue to go elsewhere.

Experience here is a joke, literally

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Pay is straight Benefits is cool Networking is cool Cons: As a co-op/intern you find yourself having to beg for work all the time and when somebody does have work it isn't nothing but some… Advice to Senior Management: Just stop it, ok. Stop it. Its levels to this.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't value talent

Marketing (Current Employee) Tustin, CA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great health benefits, three weeks paid vacation plus a Christmas… Cons: Every position/title change is a "lateral move" with more responsibility with minimal… Advice to Senior Management: Value talent by financially (among other things) incentivising them to stay. Don't penalize them for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!