There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Overall Good experience, however depends on the manager you get.

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people who work here seem to be some of the best and brightest in the industry. While there are the people who seem to now know how to tie their own shoes they are easy enough to avoid. I have really enjoyed being able to learn from some very brilliant minds.

Cons

The defense industry is a difficult industry at this time specifically working on government contracts. Rockwell has taken alot of measures to counteract this however the situation has injected alot of unknowns into the work place.

Spend more time fighting for your engineering staff and working towards growing them. There will soon be a knowledge and skill gap that some very talented engineers can grow to fill with the right mentoring.

626 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

Most Ethical? I hope not!

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous time off for a private company. That's it.

Cons

Unethical business practices, lack of leadership support for programs, leadership doesn't seem to care that our buildings are unsafe, there's no fire alarm syst at my place. No recognition for hard work and good ol' boys are promoted based upon who they know or sleep with. Buildings are old, dirty and poorly kept. I can't believe the company has been awarded a "most ethical" prize two years in a row.

Stop pretending to care about ethics and your employees - put your money where your mouth is. You've managed to bamboozle some outside groups, but you're not fooling your employees.

Wonderful company to work for

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits - lots of PTO. Employees are fun and pleasant to work with. Tuition reimbursement. Management is flexible and understanding.

Cons

No cons from when I was there

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!