Rockwell Collins

www.rockwellcollins.com

Project Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsMarket leader in a fairly stable industry (lately), so job security is there. Opportunities to grow are limited only by your willingness to not move to company HQ in Cedar Rapids, IA. General trust in employees to do their jobs without too much meddling by management.

ConsOpportunities to advance past director level are limited if you do not move to company HQ in Cedar Rapids, IA. Entrenched policies make life frustrating sometimes. Most of us in the workforce are older, and tend to be set in our ways (who, me? - I just like it done the way it's always been done).

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit more effectively. Let managers manage people, not solve (or micromanage) technical issues. Embrace telecommuting/flex schedules.

Company success is good, this does not always propogate through to employee satisfaction.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros: Involvement in cutting edge embedded technology. Location cost of living is relatively low. Flexibility in work schedule.… Cons: Compensation may not be keeping up with industry standards. Advancement may be limited by company policies compared with… Advice to Senior Management: More attention should be paid to employee satisfaction and reward, specifically loyal employees. I've heard of cases where… More

Great place to work and lots of fun work but superior performers are in a constant uphill battle.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros: Location, location, location. You cannot ask for a better community to work in than the world headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA. The majority of individuals… Cons: Truly superb performers can be held back based on trivial matters. For example, after 8 years of honorable service in the military, doing some of… Advice to Senior Management: Break through the middle management information bottleneck. The top level company vision does not get flowed down to the workers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!