Rockwell Collins
www.rockwellcollins.com Cedar Rapids, IA 5000+ Employees

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsMarket leader in a fairly stable industry (lately), so job security is there. Opportunities to grow are limited only by your willingness to not move to company HQ in Cedar Rapids, IA. General trust in employees to do their jobs without too much meddling by management.

ConsOpportunities to advance past director level are limited if you do not move to company HQ in Cedar Rapids, IA. Entrenched policies make life frustrating sometimes. Most of us in the workforce are older, and tend to be set in our ways (who, me? - I just like it done the way it's always been done).

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit more effectively. Let managers manage people, not solve (or micromanage) technical issues. Embrace telecommuting/flex schedules.

Pays Well, but Induces Frequent Headaches

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros: Competitive salary. Good benefits package. Good for students and people wanting to get acquainted with "industry". Casual dress for engineers and other non-sales folks. San… Cons: Frequent re-organization. Communication from leadership is often indirect and unclear. It is difficult to determine what you're actually supposed to be doing until… Advice to Senior Management: Please try to communicate your expectations more clearly. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great perks and benefits, but not enough meat to satisfy the young workforce

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros: Great place from a new college graduate. Located in a decent size city with low cost of living, so… Cons: Too much politics within the upper management Low workload at times when management struggles to make a decision on… Advice to Senior Management: Many find the City of Cedar Rapids a bit boring - Rockwell Collins needs to invest in the city… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rockwell Collins.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rockwell Collins CEO Kelly Ortberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees.