There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Best in Class

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros

Challenging Work
Management communicates frequently, is visible and supports team building events
On the spot instant compensation or rewards (movie tickets etc.)
Seems like more opportunies for new business
Great people that care!!!!

Cons

Busy and need some extra hours but doubt more than Google, Microsoft, Yahoo etc.

I''ve worked at a lot of other places (GE and Garmin) and hope you all realize the high quality of people you have here. This is the best place I've been in the aviation business

625 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

If you want to just coast along

Current Employee - Administration (Not Engineering)  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Administration (Not Engineering) in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros

Seems stable. Work moves very slowly and is very disorganized, so no need to do much in order to remain employed. Full complement of benefits. Good salary. I believe our CEO's vision should be strongly communicated down the chain with reinforcement and consequences.

Cons

Average tenure seems to be around 15 years. Many people have been here for 30 years. This definitely dulls the progress and innovation. Cedar Rapids seems to be out of touch with how many of the other locations perform and what impact they have. Improvements are launched, but personnel is not trained. Cohesion and direction is very weak and aimless. Morale is poor.

You have a good product and good potential, but the money you're spending on talent and improvements is not followed up with strong direction and management. Everyone should have a clear picture of where they're going and management should have a clear result for their investment from every individual, but the focus and common goal is missing.

Rockwell is a great place to work!

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Rockwell Collins

Pros

-Amazing benefits
    -Great employee activities and Rockwell sponsored clubs
    -Co-ops are given a lot of freedom to get involved with real work and meetings/discussions
    -Projects are cutting edge and very cool
    -Lots of free food!!

Cons

Cedar Rapids isn't the most exciting place in the world (especially in winter); however, there are excellent biking trails and nice parks. The flood kind of wiped out downtown while I was there.

I wouldn't change anything about the leadership in my group. Never was micromanaged to any extent. The review process is a little strange, but if you have done a good job, you will get rewarded.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!