Rockwell Collins

www.rockwellcollins.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

A good place to retire at.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Poway, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Poway, CA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros

Stability within the commercial and defense industry is a good thing for job security.

Cons

A lot of process and a lot of the career growth is found in Cedar Rapids. The office outside of the main HQ are lacking.

Pay your top performers better and stop trying to satisfy the status quo.

702 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

Rockwell Collins - the best company in the world to develop your career!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros

It's great to work for a company that puts so much effort into forecasting the direction of our company. We don't make snap or rash decisions, we take the time to do the research and gauge the market to make good, smart business decisions to insure the future success of our company. I also love the fact that the company focuses on wellness and work-life balance. They truly understand that burnt-out employees are non-productive employees. They go above and beyond to look out for their employees. It's truly a pleasure and honor to work for a company that places so much emphasis on integrity and performance.

Cons

I've yet to run into any downside. Like any big company, there are times during the year when you have to travel or log some hours, but it's the price of doing business in this industry.

Continue with the direction we're heading. Continue the emphasis on diversity. Take a hard look at compensation. We are very competitive, but if we could ratchet it up a notch or two...we might find ourselves as the employer of choice in this industry.

Long Term Success can be achieved

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins

Pros

Over the years I have found that Rockwell Collins provides many opportunities for learning and improving on your career. There are solid mentoring programs that anyone can participate in and advancement is certainly available in many different areas. You do not need to be an engineer to succeed as there a plenty of opportunities to advance. As a person that grew up in the midwest I appreciate the location and the many smart people I work with and for. Had chances to leave but felt that Rockwell Collins was always fair to me. I like the many markets that we are in and the fact that there is good balance between the Government and Commercial business.

Cons

sometimes hard to get recognized

Get out more and see your employees, especially when they are in different buildings

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins