Rodale
www.rodaleinc.com Emmaus, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

There is good and there is BAD

Senior Layout Designer (Former Employee)
Emmaus, PA

ProsFitness center, running track, daycare, healthy cafeteria, most of my coworkers, health benefits

ConsPay was terrible. Software was very out of date. While everyone else is in the Cloud they are on version 3. Too many VPs who were out of touch and never did anything, upper management did not appreciate the hard work of the design team and all supporting teams, favoritism galore, backstabbing, mass layoffs of hardworking people (some so large they made the news), a family run business that paid tribute to the almighty dollar more than it's employees, a horrible HR department that was very cold and definitely should not be working with people, and some weird policy about once you leave the company you can never come back. What?

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees fair wages as you sit on your million dollar estates. Fire HR and hire people that should be working with people and who know how to recruit talent. Stop promoting people to VP. No one cares and they don't do anything anyway. Stop treating your hard working employees with no respect. If you are going to lay people off do it to their face. Do not herd them into rooms and hand them paperwork. Upgrade to the latest hardware/software for your creative teams. They are the ones who make Rodale look good with their design talent.

Great Values

Associate Editor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rodale full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Love the culture and values; there's childcare on-site, an organically-sourced… Cons: Frequent turnover and confusion; management needs to set clear goals… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time listening to employee opinions and experiences, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I was an editorial intern for Women's Health at Rodale and it was a great experience

Editorial Intern (Former Employee)
    Emmaus, PA

I worked at Rodale as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Rodale has a great work environment, is a very respectable company, allows a lot of opportunity for growth, and they teach you a… Cons: It can have long hours and it is a very busy job,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rodale.

Worked for Rodale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rodale reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rodale CEO Maria Rodale. All reviews posted anonymously by Rodale employees.