There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

Came to an abrupt horrible ending due to micro management.

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Marshfield, WI
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

For the most part Roehl has been a decent company, they are mostly by the book and their trucks are specked out like other big companies and they are well maintained trucks. The miles can range from 2400 -3300 a week. Its a great place to start. They have the best training program available as far as getting your CDL in Marshfield. The driver trainers range from crazy to decent people.

Cons

Well the worst thing I can say is that Roehl has decided on putting cameras in the trucks to monitor the drivers and the road directly in front of them and for me it was a pain from day one. I was told not to prop my foot up while driving, wear my seat belt at all times even in a parking lot behind the wheel while sliding tandems. I was also told not to use my hands free Bluetooth while driving at all. The camera normally catches bits and pieces of certain things and sends it to them. It records all the time so it can back track 15 seconds before an event to send that clip. These are things that activate the camera - slow down not hard but at a decent rate, you speed up to fast, the truck rocks to hard, if you move in your seat like to reach for something, also if you cover it up (it has sound). The fleet managers range from very good to very bad. Some don't like picking up the phones and some have poor planning skills. Maintenance is decent but some of the maintenance people treat you like you an idiot or slow or something it can be annoying.

I recommend that upper management stop using drivers as guinea pigs. Also train more drivers in marshfield because the training is much better. Give drivers a reason to stay, I have been very loyal to Roehl, never wrecked or damaged equipment. I worked as hard as I could and at the end I get treated like a bad guy because of the cameras. Take them out or get what you get.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Roehl Transport (View Most Recent)

Good starter company, plenty of room for advancement

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

Excellent home time, good miles, I get between 2200 and 3500 average. overall good people to work for ( if you use your head and dont make stupid mistakes

Cons

Need better routes and stop blameing drivers for low fuel mileage( if you send me from NY to Pesecola Fl all the way down through the mountains with 44k...the mileage will be low!

Eliminate some of these office personel, previous companies I have worked for, utilized two people to do the same job.... dont need a fleet manager,load planner ,dispatcher, fuel and routing dept ect dispatcher could handle most of that

do yourself a favor and continue onto the next job interview

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Gary, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

a stepping stone, a means of experience only, the only thing thats half way decent about this place is the schedule for the maintenance mechanics. 8on, 6off

Cons

this is a non union shop that treats is mechanics as a disposable item. mechanics have not received a raise in over two years, and there is nothing they can do about it but quit. employees are promised things that they never receive, i.e; raises, shop equipment, shop tools.

if you would understand that to keep an employee you need to pay them to scale of the cost of living at least, and by keeping a employee long term they gain valuable experience with the equipment of the company, with experience comes efficiency and the skill to repair your units in a timely manner and right the first time, there by keeping repair cost down and a overall more profitable company. however if you lie to employees about raises..or just not giving raises, you create disgruntled employees that do not care about you, the equipment, or the company they work for. creating repairs costs to skyrocket..

There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

Worked for Roehl Transport? Contribute to the Community!