Roehl Transport

www.roehl.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

Overall a very good company

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned A LOT while working here. This was my first job out of college and I really enjoyed it. It was a fast paced environment with a big learning curve. All the people that I worked with were very nice and helped whenever I needed it. My manager was wonderful to work with as well. I felt like whenever I had needs or concerns they were properly addressed and in a timely manner. They paid my expenses for my interview as well as some moving expenses. Very professional.

Cons

They had a wage freeze when I was hired in, but I was not told that. I worked very hard for them in the 2 years that I worked there but was never given a raise but they would buy more trucks or land or other things to keep the business growing. The other two managers that were directly above me were horrible and very unprofessional. I feel as though I got lucky with my experience here due to my boss being the better of the three.

Raises for your employees should come before you try to expand your business. As well, paying them salary and then not allowing them to be a little flexible with their schedule is frustrating.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Roehl Transport (View Most Recent)

Great management & employee treatment

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

Roehl truly believes in compensating employees in proportion to the amount of quality you give them as an employee. While most companies have very spotty raises and/or reviews, Roehl believes in rewarding employees without thought of a position cap on salary levels. The individual attention you receive at Roehl creates a very good environment and incentive to be part of the company's success.

Cons

There was not much room to move upward in terms of professional challenge and added responsibility in the areas I worked.

Keep doing what you do in recognizing and appreciating employee contributions to the success of the company.

Good job for a beginner, but not much else

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

Its a good job for a driver that is new to the transportation industry

Cons

Maintenance staff is incompetent and does not fix issues when they need to be fixed, worked a month driving through the deep south with no a/c and 90-100 degree temps, Dispatchers sit behind a desk and often have no thought for the driver. Regional driving means they pay you less and can still send you halfway across the country

Tell your dispatchers to realize that the drivers are the ones making the money and being away from family and friends weeks and months at a time. Fix issues with trucks when they come up, not when its most convenient for the mechanics.

There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport