There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

Decent company to work for.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Safety is a huge priority, for the freight and for the driver. The trainers do not drive team with trainees. When you are driving, they are in the passenger seat. When you shut down for the night, they do too. This was a big plus for me when I in training. They work hard to get you home when you need to be there.

Cons

Driver's blamed for low fuel mileage. This company does not consider account topography a factor that impacts mileage and speed. Travelling through the Appalachians with a full load is going to take longer and cost more in fuel than driving through the Midwest. Also, this is a Midwest based company. They do not have a lot of freight moving to or from the Northeast. Can be difficult to find loads going home. When it's time to go home, I can sit for upwards of a day and a half just waiting for a load going towards home.

Advice to Management

Need to update fuel mileage standards to take into account the areas we drive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great starting company

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

They do what they say

Cons

Some low mile weeks around (2000)

Overall a very good company

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned A LOT while working here. This was my first job out of college and I really enjoyed it. It was a fast paced environment with a big learning curve. All the people that I worked with were very nice and helped whenever I needed it. My manager was wonderful to work with as well. I felt like whenever I had needs or concerns they were properly addressed and in a timely manner. They paid my expenses for my interview as well as some moving expenses. Very professional.

Cons

They had a wage freeze when I was hired in, but I was not told that. I worked very hard for them in the 2 years that I worked there but was never given a raise but they would buy more trucks or land or other things to keep the business growing. The other two managers that were directly above me were horrible and very unprofessional. I feel as though I got lucky with my experience here due to my boss being the better of the three.

Advice to Management

Raises for your employees should come before you try to expand your business. As well, paying them salary and then not allowing them to be a little flexible with their schedule is frustrating.