Roehl Transport

www.roehl.jobs
  www.roehl.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

horrific company, rules do not make sense

Former Employee - Driver in Marshfield, WI
Former Employee - Driver in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you have absolutely no knowledge of trucking AT ALL but you want steady miles and to not be completely screwed over then this is the place for you

Cons

truck school mandated that you must start in 3rd no matter what even when fully loaded on a hill. You either drive their way or they want nothing to do with you. Very rude trainers and managers. If you are a female have fun with the sexist comments, I was informed by a trainer he didnt want to speak to me because he didnt want a sexual harassment claim.

Do you enjoy your drive shafts ? Do you enjoy your flywheels and clutches? THEN STOP MAKING STUDENTS START IN 3RD!! And you "safety people" have proved the fast you take off the safer you are......sounds fishy to me

41 Other Employee Reviews for Roehl Transport (View Most Recent)

Came to an abrupt horrible ending due to micro management.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

For the most part Roehl has been a decent company, they are mostly by the book and their trucks are specked out like other big companies and they are well maintained trucks. The miles can range from 2400 -3300 a week. Its a great place to start. They have the best training program available as far as getting your CDL in Marshfield. The driver trainers range from crazy to decent people.

Cons

Well the worst thing I can say is that Roehl has decided on putting cameras in the trucks to monitor the drivers and the road directly in front of them and for me it was a pain from day one. I was told not to prop my foot up while driving, wear my seat belt at all times even in a parking lot behind the wheel while sliding tandems. I was also told not to use my hands free Bluetooth while driving at all. The camera normally catches bits and pieces of certain things and sends it to them. It records all the time so it can back track 15 seconds before an event to send that clip. These are things that activate the camera - slow down not hard but at a decent rate, you speed up to fast, the truck rocks to hard, if you move in your seat like to reach for something, also if you cover it up (it has sound). The fleet managers range from very good to very bad. Some don't like picking up the phones and some have poor planning skills. Maintenance is decent but some of the maintenance people treat you like you an idiot or slow or something it can be annoying.

I recommend that upper management stop using drivers as guinea pigs. Also train more drivers in marshfield because the training is much better. Give drivers a reason to stay, I have been very loyal to Roehl, never wrecked or damaged equipment. I worked as hard as I could and at the end I get treated like a bad guy because of the cameras. Take them out or get what you get.

Good starter company, plenty of room for advancement

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

Excellent home time, good miles, I get between 2200 and 3500 average. overall good people to work for ( if you use your head and dont make stupid mistakes

Cons

Need better routes and stop blameing drivers for low fuel mileage( if you send me from NY to Pesecola Fl all the way down through the mountains with 44k...the mileage will be low!

Eliminate some of these office personel, previous companies I have worked for, utilized two people to do the same job.... dont need a fleet manager,load planner ,dispatcher, fuel and routing dept ect dispatcher could handle most of that

There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport