There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

Good company, family owned, cares about others and has strong values.

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Invests a lot in their employees, continuously improves to make things better, warm and friendly environment, very focused on company initiatives and goals.

Cons

The majority of the employees you physically do not see everyday because of the nature of their job (over the road truck driver). Challenges of communication and logistics at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to live our values and support one another for continued success.

Other Employee Reviews for Roehl Transport

Great Company

Current Employee - Director in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Director in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family owned, values-based company. People who care and exhibit passion toward their work. Investment in training and development. Open, positive culture. Accessibility of leadership. Ability to make changes quickly.

Cons

Perfection is not a realistic expectation. The mark of a good company is not whether or not issues or problems exist. Are people willing to listen and make changes to improve things. My experience in this area has been positive.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, don't lose the open culture and personal touches that have made you successful.

Overall Terrible. Flatbed OTR for six months.

Former Employee - CDL OTR Flatbed National in Gary, IN
    Former Employee - CDL OTR Flatbed National in Gary, IN

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The dispatch (they call them feet managers) and most mechanics are generally very nice and cooperative. That is the only good part though. Safety is priority one.

Cons

I drove flatbed because I wanted the exercise. Stay away from flatbed! Long 14 hour days. Lots of on-duty not driving (i.e. not getting paid) time. Their mandated truck routes follow slow and congested roads and state highways instead of interstate highways in order to avoid paying tolls. Saves the company money but less money in your pocket because you can only average 45MPH some days. Trucks are regulated at 61MPH to save on fuel and is frustrating when the speed limit is 70. Other trucking companies are passing all the time and getting mad at you for driving so slow. Also driving 61MPH minimizes how much you can make per hour. Hard to find a place to park the truck to sleep when not travelling interstate highway. My trainer was terrible at providing information and mostly only interested in the money he made with the miles that I drove for him. I did not realize how little I learned until going solo. I drove in Canada and and the Northeast which is way different then driving in the middle of the US where during my training period truck parking is plentiful and trip planning is easy. I received no border crossing training using border manifests and no training on driving in a foreign country. They appear to favor the local drivers with new trucks and give the OTR drivers the older broken down trucks. My truck was always breaking down every couple of weeks. So OTR trucks break down a lot and you are far away from a terminal so they want you to do repairs for them FOR FREE! Every tarp seemed to have holes in them and so difficult to keep the load dry. And you get blamed if the load gets wet. I say to them get new frigging tarps or repair the old ones. And they are always getting your equipment inventory wrong. For example saying you have more tarps than you signed out and then stating you are responsible to pay for any missing equipment. Then you have to convince them of there error. Keep all your equipment sign out sheets for proof!! Just a terrible experience.. I quit after 6 months. I would not go back.

Advice to Management

Let the trucks go 70 MPH and use the interstate highways so the drivers can earn a living. Repair the tarps.