Roehl Transport

www.roehl.jobs
There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport

A good company with a few serious flaws

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Roehl is dedicated to safety and maintaining their equipment. They will work with drivers who request additional training; such as backing and tight quarters maneuvering. They will also work to try and get you home when you request.

The pay seems competitive with other companies and the dispatchers (aka fleet managers) are generally helpful and considerate.

Cons

I drive a flatbed and find that the amount of time it takes for load securement and tarping is not worth the additional two cents per mile. Roehl expects their drivers to follow their routing, but the process is defective. The driver receives a list of cryptic instructions through the truck PC. This route is supposed to be transcribed to paper and then followed. The truck is equiped with a GPS that the company can use to determine where you are.

Trying to read these instructions in heavy traffic and/or in the dark is dangerous. Why they do not take advantage of the existing technology and tell the driver when s/he needs to turn and which lane to be in would be a great improvement.

Take better advantage of the GPS technology to help drivers instead of using it to ding drivers when they get off route.

The quality of some of the trainers that new drivers are hooked up with leaves something to be desired. I cannot say more on this forum without revealing who I and the trainer I am speaking are...

50 Other Employee Reviews for Roehl Transport (View Most Recent)

1st class company with performance based payplan.

Current Employee - Driver Trainer
    Current Employee - Driver Trainer

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big enough To keep me busy. Small enough to know me by name.

Cons

Occasionally out longer than I want to be.

Might be a good Co. for beginners, but move on as soon as you can!

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Gary, IN
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Gary, IN

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Highly safety oriented company with pretty decent equipment (Tractors/trailers. Good facilities at many of their terminals.

Cons

Hiring on as a seasoned veteran driver, I was constantly being treated like a rookie. Dispatchers were not very helpful solving problems created by planning dept. errors. To save a few pennies you're routed on a lot of back roads (slow) and paid miles never match driven ones! I think they stretch a string over a map, and compare it to the map scale. NOT very realistic!!

Wise up! Start listening to your drivers (they're the ones that make you money!) I see the same negative comments repeatedly! Your routing SUCKS!

There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport