Roehl Transport

Beware Mechanics

Current Employee - Mechanic in Gary, IN
Current Employee - Mechanic in Gary, IN

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

6 days off, 8 days on shift, free food and t-shirts on driver appreciation day

Cons

They have complete disregard for EPA and Osha guidlines, they constantly cut corners. They dont treat people with respect, they walk all over their employess, by lieing about raises. The only employee they attempt to care about is the driver everbody else is mud. The dont treat the non-driver employees in a professional manner. They make empty promises to get rid of you.

Start listening to your employees quit screwing them over on career advancement and raises. Quit looking past the patterns being set. Start caring and take care of the non-driver employee. They are the one's that keep the company going.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Roehl Transport (View Most Recent)

Decent company to work for.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Safety is a huge priority, for the freight and for the driver.

The trainers do not drive team with trainees. When you are driving, they are in the passenger seat. When you shut down for the night, they do too. This was a big plus for me when I in training.

They work hard to get you home when you need to be there.

Cons

Driver's blamed for low fuel mileage. This company does not consider account topography a factor that impacts mileage and speed. Travelling through the Appalachians with a full load is going to take longer and cost more in fuel than driving through the Midwest.

Also, this is a Midwest based company. They do not have a lot of freight moving to or from the Northeast. Can be difficult to find loads going home. When it's time to go home, I can sit for upwards of a day and a half just waiting for a load going towards home.

Need to update fuel mileage standards to take into account the areas we drive.

Great starting company

I have been working at Roehl Transport

Pros

They do what they say

Cons

Some low mile weeks around (2000)

There are newer employer reviews for Roehl Transport