Rohde & Schwarz

www.rohde-schwarz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rohde & Schwarz

Strong focus on employees, great autonomy. Experienced and fair management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Rohde & Schwarz

Pros

At this company, you really get to pursue what you are good at. Ideas and suggestions from employees are really heard, The management team is open to new ideas, and we are growing fast and have done really well over the past few years. This allows them to invest in growth areas, products, etc. My colleagues are really fun and everyone seems happy to work here. Awesome benefits.

Cons

They company is light on processes and policies. This can be a good thing, but they could improve in that area.

Management could be even more present with employees who don't cover key accounts.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Rohde & Schwarz (View Most Recent)

Wonderful company, making great strides here in the US

I have been working at Rohde & Schwarz

Pros

R&S cares about its employees and it is reflected in the cut backs from a couple of years ago where they cut everyone (and I mean everyone) pay by 10%. Not only were we able to get our 10% back, but we got our bonuses too. During that entire time, when other companies were trying to save money by cutting benefits, R&S elected to keep the benefits and 401K contributions the same. They were able to keep a strong and talented workforce.

Cons

Working for a German owned company half a world away is always a problem. Not only does the language prevent strong communication, but culture does too. For a company that has been around for more than 80 years you would think they would have worked out the communication issues. When departments won't talk, many efforts are duplicated. Many people have been making great strides in resolving this with new software tools, but people need to use the tools and that is where the problem lies. It's not that the "company' won't communicate with its employees, its the employees that can't seem to make the effort to communicate.

Continue to make efforts to increase the communication skills. Be willing to invest in the tools and technologies to make the sales guys more efficient and the support team in the offices too. Don't throw more people at a problem when a more efficient solution can be found, however don't hold back on resources when they are needed.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 6.

I have been working at Rohde & Schwarz

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Interesting products. 90% of the employees are friendly people who work hard. Secure facility. Convenient area to commute to.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments. Lack of clear marketing goals that incorporate flexibility. There's a need to branch out for new avenues such as social media. There's also a need for a revamped HR department.

The marketing department requires more organization in all areas, whether it's for new hires or campaign initiatives. Also, the same people work together so long that they forget how to introduce new people into the fold. There is also a lack of professionalism in the HR department - (example: person gets paid for 40 hours a week but comes in after nine a.m. and usually leaves before 3:00 p.m. How can someone truly expect HR to be taken seriously when they're rarely in their office when you need to speak to them? And when they look like they're abusing the system by being lax in their work hours?)

On the other hand, the expert knowledge of the products and industry in the company is fantastic. People are serious about their work and dedicated. It's refreshing. The IT department is very helpful as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Rohde & Schwarz