Rohm and Haas

Good place to work when it was still Rohm & Haas

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Spring House, PA
Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Spring House, PA

I have been working at Rohm and Haas

Pros

Company was a good place to work when it was still R&H. Fair to employees and many bright and dedicated co-workers.

Cons

Left when the company was bought out by Dow. Friends who remain do not seem quite as positive about how they are being treated by Dow.

Former R&H workers who remain after the take over should be valued by new management. After a period of adjustment, they will make valuable contributions to the success of Dow.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Rohm and Haas (View Most Recent)

great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Rohm and Haas

Pros

learned a lot while i worked here. everyone was very willing to teach me and took a personal interest in my career development.

Cons

the office setting was somewhat impersonal. i feel that the upper management hid behind closed doors and the lower level employees were not given much interaction.

wish you hadn't sold to dow. you took an amazing family business in the local area and sold it to a bigger competitor who has destroyed the company in search of the next dollar.

In the transition ....

Former Employee - Research Manager in Spring House, PA
    Former Employee - Research Manager in Spring House, PA

I worked at Rohm and Haas

Pros

Response depends on the business unit. The powder group was fast paced with lots of opportunity to grow and succeed. Less degree oriented and more "show me the results" to gain the promotion or position. Great supportive team to work with.

Cons

Work/life balance could be non-existant if you are not careful. Not easy to move from one business unit to another,

Go Dow .. or Akzo I mean. In the transition to Akzo keep the employees encouraged, well informed, and recognized for their contributions and successes, no matter how small they may seem.

There are newer employer reviews for Rohm and Haas