There are newer employer reviews for Rohm and Haas

The best company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Lab Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Rohm and Haas

Pros

Although Rohm and Hass is now Dow Chemical, it was the greatest company to work for in way of how they treated their people. They appreciated the work you done and always let you know. They give you a sense of pride working for them. They also cared about your safety and your balance for work and home life. Rohm and Haas was good to me for 30yrs. How many people in today's world can say they really enjoy going to work every day? I did!

Cons

The only down side for Rohm and Haas I can think of is when they sold out to Dow Chemical. It was no longer a people place. No matter what you done it was never enough. They push their people to a breaking point.

Advice to Management

Good people are retiring due the the low morale. Get the plants back to the way it was under Rohm and Haas. I would have stayed more then 30yrs. if it were still R & H.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work when it was still Rohm & Haas

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Spring House, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Spring House, PA

I have been working at Rohm and Haas

Pros

Company was a good place to work when it was still R&H. Fair to employees and many bright and dedicated co-workers.

Cons

Left when the company was bought out by Dow. Friends who remain do not seem quite as positive about how they are being treated by Dow.

Advice to Management

Former R&H workers who remain after the take over should be valued by new management. After a period of adjustment, they will make valuable contributions to the success of Dow.

2. great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Rohm and Haas

Pros

learned a lot while i worked here. everyone was very willing to teach me and took a personal interest in my career development.

Cons

the office setting was somewhat impersonal. i feel that the upper management hid behind closed doors and the lower level employees were not given much interaction.

Advice to Management

wish you hadn't sold to dow. you took an amazing family business in the local area and sold it to a bigger competitor who has destroyed the company in search of the next dollar.