There are newer employer reviews for Rolls-Royce

Started out great, then the forced ranking came in.

Current Employee - Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Vacation time and holidays are better than at other sites. Lots of hands on work to do.

Cons

Forced ranking, no clear definition of company's direction, severe micromanagement, no accountability for those that can over rule.

Get rid of the forced ranking, trust your component experts, hire more component engineers and fewer project engineers.

343 Other Employee Reviews for Rolls-Royce (View Most Recent)

7 days a week, burn out eventually

Former Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Rolls-Royce

Pros

money, and lots of pressure to go with the money.

Cons

not much free time, to enjoy home life. then add six sigma training, not fair. lots of stress and back stabbing going on, a real good work environment.

they cut back on team leaders, team leaders were required to manage more people. result was team leaders had to work more weekends. management hired contract team leaders, they just sucked the overtime up. failed to put people to work. rating system was they rated everybody average, good set up for we want to get rid of you. so you go from meets requirements to not meet requirements. performance improvement usually follows. so now your job sucks and your home life also sucks. then if they really want to make your life hell, they add the six sigma training. this past year i cannot believe the level of good team leaders that have been let go. had an interview the other day and the interviewer says "yea, we know how rolls-royce churns people out".

Satisfied

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Mount Vernon, OH
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Mount Vernon, OH

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Working for Rolls-Royce has it’s up's and down's. Following are the ups. I personally enjoy my job, as it is very rewarding. Do I want more money? Of course, everyone does, but I am satisfied with my compensation, and this makes me a happy worker. Happy workers make good workers. Do I have any reason to leave? No. I am appreciated for what I do, and am compensated accordingly.

Cons

Now the down’s. Red tape, so much red tape………. But this is the norm in any large company. Location could be a problem, as young, dynamic engineers don’t seem to want to live in Mount Vernon. The closest real city is 45 miles west, being Columbus.

I believe that our leadership makes decisions based on what is best for the company. Unfortunately, we as employees don’t always know what goes on behind closed doors; therefore we don’t understand some decisions that are being made. The only recommendation I would like to give to our leadership is to listen to some of the workers recommendations.

There are newer employer reviews for Rolls-Royce