Rolls-Royce
www.rolls-royce.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Started out great then fizzled to extremely disappointing

Director of Engineering (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood compensation for younger employees
Well defined work and technical environment
Great ability to move around in the company
Good potential for international travel, if you like that kind of stuff

ConsHave decided to "global grade" the entire company which has resulted in significant benefit reductions for mid level senior engineers. Usually associated with multiple level demotions, loss of merit increases, and loss of executive bonus.
Also, relocation of company to smaller facility downtown. Senior engineers now being given 3'X4 work area instead of previous office work environment. Do I need to explain what "hot-desking" is?

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to you is what my parents gave to me. Think before you act. If you think you are going to get senior engineers to stay while demoting them, cutting their pay, and removing them from the executive bonus program you're mistaken. The gas turbine job market is huge on a world-side basis. All I had to do was wait a year, and I got a $33K raise and a 15% increase in my bonus, along with 401K, and company ownership equity. Good luck RR, you'll need it.

Regarding John Rishton, he just started so he hasn't had time to screw it up yet.

Rolls-Royce Mount Vernon is a toxic workplace. Other Rolls-Royce locations are 1000 years ahead.

Purchasing Manager (Current Employee)
    Mount Vernon, OH

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros: Rolls-Royce brand is something well recognized by the market. Benefits… Cons: People is nice, but the workplace is terrible - considering that a great part of your life you… Advice to Senior Management: Support your employees, your must valible asset... Learn from Rolls-Royce… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Opportunities

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Rolls-Royce

Pros: Where else do you as an intern have the opportunity to walk around the factory, meet with… Cons: Some managers do not provide enough direction and work at the start, however this ends up being a good thing as… Advice to Senior Management: Have specific assignments you want interns to do. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rolls-Royce.

Worked for Rolls-Royce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rolls-Royce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rolls-Royce CEO John Rishton. All reviews posted anonymously by Rolls-Royce employees.