There are newer employer reviews for Rolls-Royce

Good but performance and raise are not proportional.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Good benefits and brand name

Cons

Too much bureaucracy and performance and lack of merit based pay.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open minded and value talent based on the aptitude and attitude rather than the number of years experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Started out great then fizzled to extremely disappointing

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Good compensation for younger employees Well defined work and technical environment Great ability to move around in the company Good potential for international travel, if you like that kind of stuff

Cons

Have decided to "global grade" the entire company which has resulted in significant benefit reductions for mid level senior engineers. Usually associated with multiple level demotions, loss of merit increases, and loss of executive bonus. Also, relocation of company to smaller facility downtown. Senior engineers now being given 3'X4 work area instead of previous office work environment. Do I need to explain what "hot-desking" is?

Advice to Management

My advice to you is what my parents gave to me. Think before you act. If you think you are going to get senior engineers to stay while demoting them, cutting their pay, and removing them from the executive bonus program you're mistaken. The gas turbine job market is huge on a world-side basis. All I had to do was wait a year, and I got a $33K raise and a 15% increase in my bonus, along with 401K, and company ownership equity. Good luck RR, you'll need it. Regarding John Rishton, he just started so he hasn't had time to screw it up yet.

Great Opportunities

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Rolls-Royce

Pros

Where else do you as an intern have the opportunity to walk around the factory, meet with executives, and make meaningful contributions to projects that are on the leading edge of technology in their field.

Cons

Some managers do not provide enough direction and work at the start, however this ends up being a good thing as it causes you to grow your confidence and seek your own tasks and to do the work that you feel is necessary.

Advice to Management

Have specific assignments you want interns to do.