Rolls-Royce
www.rolls-royce.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Started out well, became a roller coaster, now is a disaster

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsDISCLAIMER; I am a contractor assigned to RR.

Matrix organization allows the company to dynamically relocate employees where needed so speedbumps (program cancellations for example) don't immediately lead to layoffs.

Good Pay. Generally helpful and friendly employees.

ConsHot Desking?!? Really?!? Lockers? No personal items on desks???

The office enviroment is the worst I've ever persnally endured and is now going to a smaller location where they planned for 1.2 employees per desk!

No consistency in first-level management. I've had four in two years Best Ever -> Worst ever -> Great -> and now so-so. The second one actually got me fired but was rehired after six-weeks off.

Health benefits are terrible. $7000 out of pocket threshhold. Company funds an HSA for $1000. The balance is on the employee.

Nearly impossible to hire on direct. 49 applications, 4 interviews, nothing. One interview with FedEx: hired!

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to reduce the permatemp workforce and work harder to retain valued talent.

Good but performance and raise are not proportional.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros: Good benefits and brand name Cons: Too much bureaucracy and performance and lack of merit based… Advice to Senior Management: Be a little more open minded and value talent based on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Started out great then fizzled to extremely disappointing

Director of Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rolls-Royce

Pros: Good compensation for younger employees Well defined work and technical environment Great ability to move around… Cons: Have decided to "global grade" the entire company which has resulted in significant benefit reductions for mid level senior engineers. Usually associated with multiple… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to you is what my parents gave to me. Think before you act. If you think you are going to get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rolls-Royce.

Worked for Rolls-Royce? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rolls-Royce reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rolls-Royce CEO John Rishton. All reviews posted anonymously by Rolls-Royce employees.