Rolls-Royce

www.rolls-royce.com
  www.rolls-royce.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rolls-Royce

I enjoyed my time at Rolls-Royce and hope to go back to work there.

Current Employee - CNN Layout Inspecter in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - CNN Layout Inspecter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good. The Company treated good workers well. I was able to move to the Qaulity side and learn that side of the industry.

Cons

Not being able to move to certain jobs because of Union rules. I was not happy with working an average of 55 hours a week up until the day I was laid off because of lack of work.

Listen to your people in the plants. They are good workers who can contribute more than the company realizes.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Rolls-Royce (View Most Recent)

Leadership is hit or miss

Current Employee - Customer Management in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Management in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to be if you want to be an engineer for gas turbines. Have met some very nice and extremely talented people. Decent benefits and vacation time.

Cons

Difficult to find a career path if you don't fit someone's exact mold. It feels like a lot of the senior managers don't take an active approach to developing talent. Less exciting opportunities in the US compared to the UK programs.

Have higher expectations for senior leaders and don't keep someone in a spot that isn't performing well because it negatively impacts the employees below in that organization.

Great variety of work opportunities, but limited upward mobility and constant slow down of progress from the UK

Former Employee - Service Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Service Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Really enjoyed my work, it was challenging
    - Not expected to work overtime and can make your own schedule - mine was 7 - 3:30
    - VERY nice brand new facility in Indianapolis, full of free coffee, tea and office supplies if you need them that are restocked. You can also park in the garage on weekends if you are downtown.

Cons

- Same compensation for the industry, but NOT competitive and don't expect raises or good benefits
    - Have a normal curve for professional development meaning your manager has to put 5% or something of their people in the "needs improvement" category (or a 1/5) no matter how well everyone performs. You then get placed into this 'bucket' of poor performing employees just because that's what your manager has to do.
    - Constant frustration with TOO many acronyms, changes in corporate structure, waiting on other parts of the business to answer questions or communicate with you

Form standardized processes between the company and increase pay and benefits. GET RID OF THE NORMAL CURVE RATINGS FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE. Get rid of the older out of date products like old operating systems

There are newer employer reviews for Rolls-Royce